Roland Hopmans – Introduction
Roland has been working as a contract consultant in the Middle East for 9 years. Most of the work has been inside Saudi Arabia during this time. In total, 12 years experience in International consulting focussed on Strategy & Business planning development and implementation, Project Management Leadership, Organizational Management and Property/ Finance Legal areas of responsibility and accountability, having worked in Australia & Asia & Europe.
Prior to this Roland was CEO of a Property and Project consultancy company in Australia for 7 years. Before this, he held senior VP positions with Multi- national companies, Westfield Property Group, Lend Lease Property Group, Citibank Group, UBS Bank & ANZ Bank Group.
Roland is an experienced and competent senior executive with a strong track record of success in Program, Project and Change Management. He is an energetic and driven individual, as well as a strong team leader.
See full resume: Roland Hopmans CV
(Contact details in CV)
Key strengths include:
- Project leadership of varied projects, Shopping Malls & Commercial projects, Airports. Current project execution- Automated Regional Distribution/ logistics centre in Riyadh.
- The ability to work with and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Strong Team leadership and coaching of internal and external personnel
- Consistently achieving and exceeding commercial and project objectives
- High level of interpersonal and people skills
- In-depth knowledge of project leadership and implementation, organisational design and continual improvement across a range of industry sectors, including; Mega Retail & Entertainment Projects, FMCG, Real Estate, Telecoms, Transport, Manufacturing and Government.
- Extensive experience in business development and delivery of projects
- Regional cultural awareness arising from 8 years Gulf experience
Roland has worked with CEO’s internationally across a wide range of Industries, FMCG, Retail & Entertainment, Hotels, Pharmaceutical, Development & Construction, and Airports. He has a strong background in Finance & Project Mgmt.
In the Middle East region he has been engaged in senior general management positions and team leadership roles specifically with companies driving for reform and change for new business development areas. Having worked on deployment and continual improvement projects with Islamic Development Bank, Sagia, Jumeirah Group, Al Nahdi Medical Company, Arabian Cement Company, Dubai RTA, SaudiReadyMix Concrete Co, almajal G4S. Currently working with Saudia Dairy & Foodstuffs company (Sadafco) since 2010.
Professional qualifications include; University degrees in B.Bus. in Finance & Organizational Management (Monash University – Melbourne) as well as a CSMA ( Property Development and Project Management ) Macquarie University- Sydney. In addition, he has completed Executive Professional development Programs: Leadership Development Program, Corporate Banking program, Foreign Exchange & Funds Management, S.I.A. (Strategy Into Action Implementation), Project Management & Organizational Management & Behaviour.